- Fareham, Hampshire
- £11 - £13 per hour
- Job Type
- Taijaan deCordova
SC CLEARED Executive Assistant
- Assisting in managing the office of the Deputy Director
- Security cleared (Active SC level minimum), Must have been living in the UK for the last 5 years
- Remote working
- £11 - £13 per hour rate (Inside IR35) - Self-employed contract
We are looking for an experienced Business Support professional. This is an ideal role for someone who is extremely organised and can interact and communicate with people of all levels, someone who has a proactive attitude and self-starter mindset.
The purpose of this role is to provide support to the Deputy Director working alongside the divisional Business Support. To be effective, the post holder needs to work in a timely, and responsive way; to solve problems and address issues emerging from the day to day delivery of the Division
- Good communication skills, verbal and in written form are essential, with the ability to interact with people all levels within the organisation
- Ability to organise and prioritise your work and that of others ensuring, deadlines are met and information can be located quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to work under pressure with changes to priorities, responding promptly to required action
- Ability to work well as part of a team and with other people inside and outside the organisation.
- Previous experience as a PA to a senior manager
- Good experience of MS Office applications and SharePoint and the ability to type quickly and accurately.
- Taking the lead as the Deputy Director's (DD) first point of contact, rationalising, filtering and prioritising emails and other communications, responding where appropriate and making decisions about what to bring to his attention for action or information
- Managing the DD's diary, ensuring the effective and efficient use of his time, managing changes and conflicts, negotiating and working with others as necessary
- Working professionally and proactively to manage relationships across the division, programme and wider organistaion
- Supporting in the arranging of business meetings, conferences and, when possible again, away days ensuring that key attendees are available and that meeting papers/itineraries are complete, printed and distributed in a timely fashion. This may include meetings solely for employees as well as meetings between the stakeholder
- Monitoring actions and risks assigned to the DD, ensuring these are reviewed and completed in line with timescales set, negotiating changes as necessary
- When Covid-19 restrictions allow, organising travel arrangements, including itinerary planning, flights, rail, car hire, hotel and other accommodation and managing expense claims as appropriate. This will include ensuring all expense claims are dealt with appropriately and authorize others' expenses as agreed with the DD
- Providing other business support to the wider team as necessary, including undertaking short self-contained assignments as required
- Accurately creating and managing documents based upon drafts supplied by senior managers
- Managing team inboxes, ensuring that emails are passed to relevant team members to action responses and liaising with other business support teams to share tasks and resoures as required
- Undertaking administrative tasks for your Division(s) such as managing key logs and documents and supporting a range of management boards and meetings, through providing a secretariat function, that will include note taking
- Supporting a range of corporate assurance activities, liaising with key stakeholders to gather evidence and responses, disseminating as appropriate
- Other ad-hoc administrative tasks as required, which may include covering for other PA absences within the wider Directorate as required
ACTIVE SC OR NPPV Level Security clearance
If this is a role you would be interested in applying for, please apply with an up-to-date CV asap.