SC CLEARED Senior Research Officer - Central Government
Newport - working from home for the foreseeable
£23 - £26 per hour - 37 hours a week, Inside IR35
- Experience of quality assuring analysis
- Coding skills in SPSS or R or experience of coding in statistical package
*MUST HAVE ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE OR BE ELIGBLE*
We are recruiting for a Senior Research Officer working with a critical division of central government, we have an exciting new opportunity where you will join our team of dedicated professionals working on analysing raw survey data.
1) Develop an understanding of the research questions and data sources for all six ALPs, and the current state of play/progress for each.
2) Develop an in depth understanding of 1-2 projects and work with relevant Health Analysis topic experts and the ALP hub team leader to progress this/these project(s); this may include defining the research question, defining the research methods/protocol/design, developing an understanding of data sources, developing an understanding of the ONS data platform and its tools, conducting data wrangling and ultimately conducting and writing up data analysis
3) Support the ALP hub team leader to create a central store of documentation about all six projects (notably your 1-2 projects), and work with lead topic analysts to help drive forward the projects toward actually producing useful and impactful analysis (which is the point of these projects being badged as ALPs so that we can help show the value of the Integrated Data Programme approach).
4) Assist lead topic analysts with stakeholder engagement where required.
Relevant Qualifications Skills and Experience:
Use the space below for required competencies
Degree equivalent or higher in maths, statistics, or a social research degree that has significant research methods content (e.g. psychology, geography) - ie same as per GSS/GSR entry requirements
- Experience of leading projects and people to achieve successful outcomes.
- Using specialist statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, R or equivalent to support research.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
- Proven experience in analysing complex data, working with large datasets and quality assuring findings.
- Excellent team working skills, with an ability to work autonomously and with pace and attention to detail.
- Experience of presenting data to a non-technical audience and linking analysis to business outcomes