- Remote working anywhere in the UK
- Inside IR35, rates can be negotiated
- 3 months intitially
- Deadline Monday 12th June
The national Census took place in Spring 2021. Following a successful Rehearsal in 2019, an experienced Scala Software Engineer with Elasticsearch experience is required to develop new and enhance existing functionality for the Census and other Business areas within ONS.
Relevant Skills and Experience: Essential
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of software development and support in Scala using industry standard approaches
- Demonstrable experience of Elasticsearch
- Demonstrable experience of development best practice in relation to code quality analysis, unit and automated testing and continuous integration
- Evidence of working in a DevOps culture
- Evidence of good communication skills, in person and in writing, and a willingness to share their skills and experience with the in-house support team.
- Ability to participate effectively in a team environment but be able to work independently.
- Ability to develop within the Play Framework
- Experience of using Apache Spark to process and analyse large amounts of data
- Demonstratable experience of developing in a Cloud environment
- Use of Locust/Gatling for load testing
- Experience of software development utilising Agile techniques and principles.
- Software development using Java
- Experience with the following tools/technologies: Concourse, Terraform, Linux, Git, Travis, Swagger, Jira, Confluence.