Security Cleared (SC) DevOps - Central Government (Linux Servers, Puppet, Jenkins)
6 Month Contract Inside IR35, initially remote and active SC essential.
Modernise, operate and maintain services on a large central government application.
We are currently working with a critical division within the UK central government and looking for a experienced DevOps Engineer to join their busy team.
You will be responsible for operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems; and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
- Server maintenance
- Operating and maintaining services within the digital estate
- Security patching to maintain servers
- Live Service Management of digital services, including DDaT approach to service management
- Knowledge of government security standards
- DDaT change management processes
- Project delivery governance
- Coaching and mentoring
- Knowledge of agile delivery context
Brief description and summary of the engagement
Our client's Platforms currently host around 80 live services and microservices, with more in development. They are modernising its Platform provision to enable greater automation of development including automatic scaling, reduced support costs, as well as reduced risks of human error.
A Dev-Ops engineer is therefore required to oversee incidents, meet security standards and maintain service continuity for our critical services.