- Permanent opportunity within a critical public service organisation
- Offering hybrid working, with a base in Staffordshire
- Official training would be made available.
- From £22,593 per year + benefits
- Benefits - Healthy pension/ Flexitime/ Discount card/ Security Clearance
Are you looking to gain experience in working as Security Technician? Do you want a role that will give you the training and exposure to progress within a critical public sector organisation?
Our critical public service client is expanding and building their internal workforce. The Security Technician is responsible for supporting the configuration and administration of force IT security measures such as system logs, firewall changes, virus protection, internet access, encryption, confidential systems, identity management and gateways.
- Implement the security policies and control measures across server and network infrastructure;
- Support the resolution of any security incidents, configuration and change release management activities in line with the ITIL framework;
- Provide support for incidents and calls involving security restrictions as allocated;
- Facilitate penetration testing and supervise any third parties undertaking the tests;
- Support the deployment of device certification policies which enhance both network performance and user experience;
- Ensure all application or firmware releases are properly documented and are managed in line with best practice;
- Assist with actively monitoring security configurations to ensure best performance, to provide the best possible user experience;
- Provide support in implementing and updating proxy information regarding access restrictions;
- Adhere to approved change management procedures regarding planned upgrades or changes;
- Raise any concerns regarding security breaches with the Security Engineer for resolution or amendments to security policies;
- Liaise as necessary with the wider infrastructure team to support any changes to security configurations;
- Ensure that all security regulations and policies are adhered to, and work closely alongside the Network Engineers to enforce rules;
- Ensure adequate checks and controls are in place to monitor and protect live operational environments;
- Follow best practice network security arrangements, providing both resilience and security;
- Liaise with force ISO over security policy changes or breaches;
- Supporting VPN services for external users;
- Experience in an IT security administration role
- CompTIA Security +
- Microsoft security certifications
- Experience of working in a secure environment
System administration for the following:-
- Microsoft Defender Security Centre.
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Microsoft 365 Defender.
- Forcepoint Security Manager.
- McAfee suite.
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV.