My client have some fantastic growth plans for their business and part of those is hiring for a Senior BI Developer. They are currently in the process of taking their technology through a transformational journey to the cloud. A critical component of this journey is ensuring their data platforms and business intelligence tools deliver the insights to drive their decisions based upon the best possible data available.
They are looking for a talented BI Developer who has experience of building a data warehouse platform based around Microsoft's Azure technologies to support this exciting transition. You will be working within a small but dedicated IT team; you will design, build and maintain their next generation data platform. Working extremely closely with the rest of the business, including their senior management team, you will develop a deep understanding of the requirements for data driven decision making and translate this into pragmatic choices around technology and tooling. You will ensure stakeholders are engaged throughout the whole process and will adapt to change as they continue to grow the business.
Ideally, my client are looking to democratise their data and BI tooling to allow stakeholders to self-serve many of their needs.
- Work with business stakeholders to clearly understand and define the business need around data, intelligence, analytics
- Deliver systems which add value to our data driven decision making culture, allowing stakeholders to self-serve their needs where possible
- Collaboratively build and maintain a platform to ingest, store and visualise data
- Use statistical techniques to analyse & interpret data
- Support trend and pattern analysis of complex data sets
- Maintain the integrity of data from multiple disparate sources
- Support the migration of current reporting into the cloud environment
- Ensure our business stakeholders maintain confidence in our data platforms and the intelligence they reveal
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with business stakeholders and non-technical staff
- Good presentation skills including data visualisation, insight presentation and report design
- Solid data design and management experience including big data & data cleansing
- Technical knowledge around:
O MS Azure data services: Synapse Analytics, Data Lake, Analysis, Power BI
O Traditional on-prem services: SSIS, SSRS, T-SQL, SQL Server (2012)
- Any experience with AI and/or ML would be beneficial
Salary is up to £65K + benefits, it is also fully remote.
If this sounds like something you'd like to learn more about then please apply for more information and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.