Senior Data Engineer / Bath / Remote
We have been asked to help an amazing organisation in central Bath in the hiring of a Senior Data Engineer.
They are well known in the development space across the world, and have amazing values and culture both from and engineering and workplace/ people perspective. You'll play a key role in making the right data available to help guide good business decisions. The pipeline systems process circa 1 billion hits a day so its a crucial aspect of the business.
As the owner of the data pipeline you'll be responsible for understanding the data they are collecting, ensuring its integrity, and helping to analyse it.
- Work alongside Product, Sales and Marketing to ensure they have the data they need to make the correct decisions in the tools they use day to day.
- Gather data requirements from the Product, Sales and Marketing teams, and translate into concrete designs.
- Own and manage changes to the data pipeline and data stores, ensuring they are reliable, scalable, and cost efficient.
- Work closely with the broader engineering team to collect data from key services.
- Choose the best products and tools for the job.
- Ensure the integrity of the data so it can be proven accurate and is trusted.
- 5+ years of engineering experience.
- Experience with SQL and ETL, plus Python or other scripting language.
- Experience working with data warehouses and data analysis platforms.
- Bachelor degree in Mathematics/CS or equivalent experience.
- You are quick to learn new skills and solve problems.
- You have the ability to take ownership of all stages of a project.
- You have experience working within a team and communicate well with others.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Redshift or Postgres.
- Experience with Marketo/Salesforce/Segment.
Data Engineer, data analyst, Data, Big Data, python, Data analysis, data warehousing, engineering, software, development, bath, bristol, swindon, cardiff