Senior Data Engineer//Contract // Belgium
- passionate Senior Data engineer , to be a key player in the development and scale-up of our groundbreaking digital post trade ecosystem.
Your Impact & Responsibilities
- To implement strategies directed at acquiring data and promoting the development of new insights across the business. The Senior Data Engineer owns and extends the business's data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets.
- Develop and lead a team of data platform engineers to deliver high-performance, secure and compliant solutions
- To oversee, design, and develop algorithms for real-time data processing within the business and to create the frameworks that enable quick and efficient data acquisition.
- Build and manage data infrastructure, security, quality, compliance, and governance
- Design and ship new disruptive data products and features to meet rapidly changing business needs
- Responsible for data platform team's performance by providing leadership, mentoring, and coaching to team members, including identification and implementation of software development processes that enable the team to improve the design, implementation, test, deployment continuously, and maintenance of the infrastructure
Your Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years' experience in a fast-paced software development environment with strong communication skills and desire to coach
- Expertise in data-driven critical thinking problem-solving including managing infrastructure orchestration and automation tools
- Demonstrated ability to write high-quality, production-ready code (readable, well-tested, with well-designed APIs)
- Proven track record of building data solutions on Azure using cloud-native technologies
- Proven track record of developing highly automated and documented solutions
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of modern data lake/warehouse architecture
- Experience with Docker deployments to enable reproducible builds of applications across different environments including production, testing, and continuous integration environments
- SQL and NoSQL data modelling
- Relevant experience with OData
- Proficient with Apache Kafka
- Strong knowledge of Azure Event Hubs
- Experience with Apache Flink
Belgium // Holland // France