Role: Senior Data Scientist
Salary: £45,000 - £75,000 per annum
Contract type: Permanent
I am looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our team in London, leading the modernisation of the organisations data management services, through the development of an Enterprise data platform.
You will be working in a multi-disciplinary Agile Team. By using Agile approaches to delivery, the team 'work out loud' encouraging open and inclusive discussions to drive development forward.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you will apply algorithmic, statistical and algebraic techniques to gain advanced insight from data. You will advise the design of data pipelines, partake in data exploration and work to automate analytical methods.
You will be delivering innovative data-insight and advising on marketplace activity in data science, the opportunities that data opens to innovation and delivering better outcomes to consumers.
- Partner with Subject Matter Experts, internal policy workers and workers out in the marketplace and across the organisation to identify data-intense issues for consumers
- Develop data models that integrate data together to enable procedural and statistical approaches for insights to be established.
- Partner with Data Business Analysts and Data Engineers to deliver your models and apply your advanced analytical approaches to generate otherwise inaccessible insight
- Ensure principles of privacy and security are assessed and designed into data solutions
- Peer review the analytical approaches of colleagues, assuring robust work is carried out
- Assure that your work and the work of colleagues meets governing standards
- Provide succinct documentation to support knowledge retention and training
- Be supportive and open to junior members of the team
- Promote the opportunities of advanced data analysis to participants in the marketplace, as you facilitate better outcomes for consumers
Specific skills and capabilities
- Strong communication and partnering skills
- Extensive experience work in collaborative team environment
- Keen sense of camaraderie and a willingness to tailor engagement approaches
- Willingness to expand your network of contacts to enable innovative work
- The willingness to develop relationships and collaboratively build innovative approaches to generating insight from data
- Trained to an advanced level in a scientific of applied statistics discipline. PhD level training (or equivalent experience) is expected
- Demonstrable experience applying statistical techniques to large and complex data
- Advanced data analysis, synthesis and data modelling skills
- Skilled with software languages such as SQL and Python, other languages may be suitable
- An enquiring mind that investigates the fundamentals
- The desire to continuously innovate and bring about improvements to best practice, whether applied directly to technology or to best practice with regulatory data
- A positive attitude that is willing to ensure knowledge retention and transfer
- A flexible approach to working, with the ability to work on multiple strands of work and be responsive to challenging and ever evolving deadlines
- Experience working with privacy and information accreditation or assurance teams and delivering solutions capable of meeting legal and regulatory requirements
- Experience adopting an agile approach to software development
- Knowledge of Business intelligence tools, such as QlikSense, Tableau, Domo, etc.
- 25 days holiday, rising to 30 after 2 years of service
- Competitive Pension
- Childcare Vouchers
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season Ticket Loan Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Flexible working hours and flexi-time
If this role sounds like you then please apply ASAP or give me Katherine Clarke a call on 01173320813 or email me on Katherine. Clarke @ Talentinternational.com