My client in Leicestershire are looking for a DBA to provide third line support responding to incident referrals. Support hardware and software for strategic Database Management Systems solutions. Hardware support is in conjunction with the UNIX/Storage team and Wintel/VMWare team as appropriate.
Their strategic Database Management Systems are currently limited to Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, and PostgreSQL on premise and in the cloud (OCI, AWS, Azure).
The ideal candidate will have strong SQL Server and MS SQL experience (don't worry about the other areas as they have a team of DBAs and they specilaise in those other technical areas).
This is also a great opportunity to get into using Cloud tech.
Some of the main duties involve:
* Prioritise issues based on severity and urgency and track all outstanding incidents until successful resolution or reallocation.
* Create standard system designs and maintain in line with evolving technologies.
* Design and document fit for purpose, scalable and resilient Database management solutions maintaining compliance with PCC's various accreditations.
* Define database management system installation procedures to create repeatable standard deployments.
* Support IT projects in all phases of the lifecycle to ensure adherence with PCC's IT policies and procedures. * Document root cause, audit and security remediations for implementation.
* Provide continuous service improvement reviews and maintain the Database 5 year roadmap.
In terms of working, they are fully remote at the moment, there is also the option to be fully remote still post COVID if this is a preference.