Senior DBA SRE / Bath & Remote / GCP & AWS / Kubernetes / Gluster / Tech for Devs
Talent are partnered with an organisation in the UK who provide tools for developers and tech companies to make data-driven decisions on their code base and engineering teams output.
We're looking for a Senior DBA SRE to join the team to run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
They use engineering skills to build tools and processes to keep online 24/7, making the systems self-heal wherever possible to limit the impact of being on-call. This is REMOTE or can be undertaken onsite - Or a mixture of both.
This is paying up to 100k (DOE) plus package + Bonus & Equity.
* Ensure that all the microservices, databases and other infrastructure are observable
* Introduce Monitoring
* Influence the design of new and existing microservices
* Maintain databases and help to keep them performant
* Validate infrastructure
* Work with security team to implement best practice
* Make sure that On-Premise product is as reliable as the SaaS product.
* Regularly be on-call to deal with production issues
* Review Work of Others
* 8+ years of engineering experience. You've come from a software engineering background
* Hands on experience with one of the major cloud platforms: AWS, GCP or Azure.
* Professional experience querying, deploying and maintaining multiple databases/datastores (we use MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch and Gluster).
* Architecture/design through implementation to delivery.
Bonus points for
* Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
* Experience with Terraform/Packer/Vagrant.
* Experience with Ansible.
* Experience with MongoDB/Redis/Elasticsearch.
* Experience with Gluster.
* Experience with RabbitMQ/Kafka.
* Experience with microservices in production.