Senior Dev Ops Engineer
525 - 675 Outside IR35
The specialist will need to be a highly experienced (Practitioner level) Senior Dev Ops Engineer. Managing day to day support, technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices. Upholding DWP values and working within Government Digital Standards.
The specialist will work with the existing DWP BPS Technical Service Environment team.
Senior Lead a DevOps Engineering team providing support, technical leadership and guidance, creating a DevOps culture and implementing automation best practices. This will include coaching, mentoring and supporting your team, taking responsibility for their decision-making and their professional development.
Responsible for large blocks of work, employees in varied disciplines and with a wide span of leadership, breaking down user stories into tasks.
Design and manage the tactics for building reusable libraries, templates and services and own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines within your Functional and Professional Communities.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a large scale organisation and/or Government or Public Sector within dev ops area especially AWS utilising various tools and packages such as Ansible, Puppet
- 3+ years in a practical DevOps role
- Expert level AWS infrastructure build and operate experience
- Demonstrable experience building secure solutions AWS
- Experience building secure solutions using Hashicorp tooling: Terraform
- Can demonstrate practical experience with RedHat Linux
- Experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences, using Puppet, Ansible
- Demonstrable experience of using configuration management in team environments (eg, git, GitLab)
- Demonstrable experience delivering CI/CD pipelines
- Able to demonstrate mentoring colleagues in automation, security, and reliability, within a DevOps context
- Can demonstrate a firm grasp of DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Experience of managing infrastructure as code, catering for multiple environment differences
- Demonstrable experience of Red Hat Linux System Administration
- Worked in an Agile driven environment
- Able to demonstrate they have worked in regulated and controlled government environments