Senior DevOps Engineer
As a Senior DRE you will be responsible for helping our client to maintain availability on their current, and legacy, services whilst helping the teams design and build new strategic services based on Azure public cloud technologies. Reporting to the DevOps Reliability Manager, the successful candidate will work with key business stakeholders, scrum teams, DevOps, Security and 3rd party vendors to ensure that they deliver effective and efficient solutions to our customers. Maintaining our estate will be a key part of the role with a drive to remove repeatable work and implement automated efficiencies where possible. I am looking for a creative thinker with innovative solutions and ideas.
Our client is award-winning financial technology company based in the heart of Bath. They are entering a period of sustained enhancements to the platform and the surrounding services that they provide, and as a result, they need to increase their development capacity and expand capabilities
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure and its relevant build, deployment, networking and security technologies in cloud and hybrid environments.
- Experience working in an Agile framework using DevOps tools
- Microservice architecture including Docker and Kubernetes
- Networking including Azure, Cisco and firewalls
- Windows server (2012+) and Linux server administration
- Source control software and methodologies
- Monitoring and log management including DataDog and Redgate
- Virtualisation and containerisation technologies
- Experience with advanced scripting and/or software development
- CI/CD concepts
- Infrastructure as code methodology
- Experience managing and automating cloud platforms using tools including Octopus Deploy and
- Desired state configuration
- Experience working within a scaled agile environment, ideally SAFe
This role comes with an excellent benefits package.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further. This role will be remote until March with 3 days in the office and 2 days remote thereafter.