Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£675 per day. Inside IR35
Remote - UK Based
You must hold active SC clearance.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer in the Storage and Virtualisation team you will work alongside our highly skilled technical team, partners, and customers to manage and support our service offerings. There are two areas of focus:
- Managing and supporting the Met Office's VMware estate primarily hosted at Exeter, as well as a small number of outstations;
- Managing and supporting a number of storage systems that underpin operational infrastructure, such as IBM V7000 and Flash Systems 7200, Dell/EMC Isilon/Powerscale cluster, DDN storage arrays and Net App AFF-A300
The successful candidates must have specific skills in either of the focus areas, but wider skills covering both aspects would be welcome.
Essential Qualifications, Skills covering both roles
- Proven experience of management, administering and deployment of VMware, vCenter and vSphere components.
- Good understanding of SAN and/or NAS storage protocols & technologies.
- Understanding of networking concepts and common network services.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills
- Linux administration experience of RHEL based systems.
- Experience of automating tasks with scripts.
The candidates must have SC level clearance.