Senior IT Project Manager (URGENT ROLE)
With some remote working
£500 - £600 per day
Start date: w/c 9/12/19
This is a hugely exciting time for our client, as we embark on a massive change programme across the organisation. We are recruiting an experienced and proactive Senior Project Manager to support the delivery of this work as part of the Operational Delivery Transformation Programme (ODT).
ODT is responsible for the transformation of capabilities, technology and working practices, to deliver improved customer service, efficiency and lower costs. You will manage a variety of activities within this project and also be given the opportunity to help shape and expand the Project Delivery capability. You will be expected to work flexibly across the team, contributing to tasks outside your immediate responsibilities, sharing experience, lessons learned, and identifying areas for improvement.
This role offers you the opportunity to join the team at the heart of delivering change within the organisation. You will be motivated, have experience of delivering digital projects, be highly organised and able to co-ordinate large, dynamic projects, flexing your approach as necessary to ensure that project objectives are met and outcomes delivered. You will be able to roll your sleeves up and get stuck into any aspect of the project, be it Business Analysis, Change Management or something technical (high level only). You will also be an exceptional communicator, able to develop relationships with, influence and manage a range of stakeholders.
- Experience of successful project delivery across complex and multiple streams in a management capacity
- Possess a positive 'can do' attitude in the approach to work and ability to take on any project role (within reason) to progress the project.
- Experienced user of MS tools, particularly MS Office and MS Project
- Experience of stakeholder/supplier management
- Experience of responding to requests from Programme SLT / Senior Stakeholders to provide well-constructed and balanced arguments
- Working with GDS especially in achieving successful Service Assessment
The following competencies will be considered during the sifting and interview process
- Delivering at Pace
- Delivering Value for Money
- Making Effective Decisions
- Leading and Communicating
- Changing and Improving
- Programme Management (working at Programme level, managing and resolving Programme issues) e.g. MSP
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, APMG, Agile
- Experience of working in an Agile programme