- £500 - £550 per day + INSIDE IR35
- Job Type
- James Norval
- 8 days ago
Senior IT Security Advisor - Remote - SC CLEARANCE REQUIRED
- FULLY REMOTE WORKING
- 12-month contract
- flexible daily rates, inside IR35
- All candidates must hold a CURRENT SC CLEARANCE
The primary focus of the role is to provide the business with security advice in the development of new integrated data system which will transform analysis and the delivery of public services across Government. By enabling access to linked data, it will be possible to support better policymaking and evaluation, and delivery of Government priorities for all.
Key outcomes from the role are the identification of security risk within the business context, the identification of appropriate mitigation approaches for business selection and the management of these options through to implementation within the live service. The security advice provided will be informed by threat, vulnerability and risk analysis for business and third parties.
DAY TO DAY TASKS
- identify security risk to products and operations and oversee the management of mitigation options to business stakeholders;
- Compile and maintain security risk identification and mitigation progress, report progress on reducing security risks to senior business stakeholders;
- Deliver high-quality security risk advice and support to security and business stakeholders working on digital product development and operations to achieve the best security outcomes that support business needs;
- Be a point of challenge to security and business ideas for resolving risk and suggesting changes to existing approaches where security is not being considered as fully as expected or security is potentially too burdensome for the risk identified;
- Have broad knowledge of managing security risk for common enterprise application, infrastructure and network technologies, including within cloud environments;
- Be someone who can help with digital technology and business operations design who will liaise regularly with internal security colleagues;
- Be a self-directing and proactive to ensure security risk advice is communicated across the appropriate project teams and to convey technical security messages clearly across business areas;
- Be capable for presenting complex security issues to business stakeholders in ways that convey understanding.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the development of business-focused security solutions for digital products and business operations that cover data collection, storage and processing, deployed both internally and externally;
- Identifying security threat and risk to digital products and business operations being developed through Agile methodologies and Supplier processes;
- Advising on appropriate security controls and mechanisms that could be used to mitigate identified security risk;
- Ensuring that security risk identified, recorded, tracked and presented in understandable forms for senior business stakeholders;
- Consulting with internal security stakeholders to ensure that the solutions deployed are secure and fit for purpose;
- Liaising with business, technology and security colleagues to ensure various business needs are understood and applied, including providing general security architecture, guidance and advice to the stakeholders;
- Advising on opportunities for using secure and open source products and any implications of such an approach.
Please click apply of this is relevent to you!