£55 000 P/A
As the leading provider in their field with a powerful presence within the data community spanning the last 15 + years, the organisation needs a Software Developer with initiative, drive and enthusiasm to join the business and channel their dynamic personality into the team and the software portfolio.
As a business culture, we are a fast-paced environment and we are looking for an agile developer who thrives in this setting and delivers high quality code alongside having a creative and insightful edge who can offer ideas to further improve our software functionality.
Day to day you will work with developers, QA and product teams, delivering high quality code and satisfying sprint and release goals. Whilst we would like you to come with at least 3 years experience as a software Developer, your fit for our team and the ability to learn quickly is most important to us.
- Rest/Web API
- Service Orientated Architecture
- Azure/Cloud Services
- Microservice architecture is desirable
- Input into initial feature/project scoping and effort estimation
- Providing accurate estimates at backlog refinement sessions
- Supporting the delivery of the team's sprint goals
- Delivering unit or BDD tests as part of any completed work
- Developing high quality code to meet the defined software requirements
- Supporting the team in delivering high quality code by carrying out code reviews
- Supporting the use of automated acceptance tests wherever possible
- Being involved in release testing where necessary;
- Assisting support and project delivery in bug fixing of released functionality
- Higher Education Qualification or equivalent (desirable)
- Degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Industry recognized software development qualification (desirable)
Culture & Experience
- The desire to work in a faced paced environment.
- Ability to self-manage.
- Knowledge of software development life-cycles.
- Deep programming language knowledge.
- Full stack developer who understands concepts of software engineering.
- Working as part of an Agile team, preferably in a DevOps environment.
- Creative and capable of presenting ideas for systems improvements.
If you would like to be considered for interview, please submit your CV today. All candidates with relevant skillset will be contacted within 48 hrs.