Senior PHP Engineer
Remote role - must be UK based
I am currently recruiting for a Senior PHP Software Engineer who will be working for my client who is a leading European retail investment marketplace, raising finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in.
Their aim as a company is to continue building their product and expanding their shares of the equity fundraising market. In engineering, they are building a secure, scalable and robust system that powers one of the world's largest equity funding platforms so they are now scaling up to deliver quickly and safely on their ambitious plans.
Some of the things I am looking for;
- Be highly proficient in PHP (Laravel or Symfony) and ObjectOriented in general
- Have practical experience of API design, REST/RPC, and knowledge of OAuth2
- Have knowledge of message queues, RabbitMQ in particular
- Have a keen eye for testing, performance and clean code
- Ability to write clean (understandable), robust (reliable) and efficient (well-designed) code
- a self-starter, proactive and well-versed in seeking out answers, keen to invest time into learning the product and understanding business context
- Demonstrate a real interest in new technologies and approaches
- Recommend best practice across team for scalable delivery
- DevOps experience
- Start-up experience
- Finance (equity/shares/share register) knowledge
- Experience with server-side rendering (React)
The role will involve working on current platforms but also building new products and offerings. The Software Engineers joining now will have a say on how the company expands so it is an exciting time to join
Salary is £55-65K + share options and usual benefits.
If you are interested please apply with a copy of your CV and I will be in touch to discuss the opportunity further in the strictest confidence.