- Manchester, Greater Manchester
- £50000.00 - £55000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Jessica Jolly
My client are looking for a Senior Power BI developer with experience in delivering high performing dashboards & reports within the PowerBI application as well as strong data modelling skills to join their team on a permanent basis. You will be proficient in writing advanced SQL to pull the data into the models and have good visualisation skills to produce high quality reports using a large array of the visuals available within the PowerBI application. The successful candidate will also be playing a large role in mentoring other team members (this is great if you've been a mentor before and now want to move to a team leadership role).
Do you enjoy exploring the Microsoft Power BI platform and the surrounding tools? This could be the perfect job for you. Working within a small team you will be leading on delivering new client facing reporting solutions whilst maintaining existing reporting solutions.
*This is up to £55K DOE and fully remote currently (post COVID looking at going into the office 2 days a month).*
- Responsibility for maintenance of existing & new reporting solutions.
- Maintain confidence in the data as a single source of truth by ensuring data are up to date, reliable, consistent and coherent.
- Use advanced analytics and statistical techniques to provide in-depth, up to date and comprehensive insights.
- Work closely with other teams within the business on their data needs. This may include: providing bespoke datasets, automating reports that help reduce manual work, providing advice on how analytical tools can help enhance their work etc.
- Create data models and analyses to drive business performance and profitability, and to predict outcomes for my client and their customers.
- Coordinate and prioritise multiple work streams, across various parts of the business, that are subject to their own dependencies and risks. Work collaboratively with, and share information effectively with other teams and business units.
- Contribute to technical design and architecture standards
- Maintain and contribute to the company's Standard Operating Procedures, and to application lifecycle processes and documentation.
- To freely share data architecture and analysis knowledge, insight, best practice and ideas.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum experience of 3 - 5 years developing reporting solutions in a busy production environment(s) using the Microsoft Power Platform.
- Experience of PowerBI Performance Tuning & Problem Solving.
- Advanced SQL skills
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server and associated tools experience.
- Business Intelligence and data visualisation - The ability to convey clearly analytical insights and statistical methods to key stakeholders within the business Experience with Big Data, Data Warehouse, and Data Lake.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, able to communicate complex concepts to technical and non-technical people alike.
- An ability and desire to learn new skills and technologies.
- Strong understanding of database development, design, and security standards.
If this sounds like your next step in your Power BI career then please apply and I will be in touch with suitable candidates.