Services Senior QA / Dev in Test
- Stabilisation and upgrade existing finance systems.
- eFinancial experience.
- Remote working for the foreseeable future// Edinburgh
- Outside IR35
Our Government client is looking for a good 'all-round' experienced developer in test to safely accelerate the move away from their legacy finance systems.
The initial focus of the work is the stabilisation and upgrade to the latest version of their existing finance system, a heavily modified implementation of eFinancials.
Additionally, services are required to collaboratively develop abstractions to the systems, to enable migration to new serverless micro-services using AWS, Lambda functions and Typescript.
Main outcomes & objectives
- Support ongoing testing of eFinancials with eFinancials 5.5 upgrade in production use
- Development of Invoicing and Payment Services to support multiple registers
- Maintenance and drive effort on bespoke test automation solutions for Efinancials upgrade and all future services
Essential skills & experience
Significant commercial experience with the following technology:
- REST APIs
- Spring Boot microservices
- Swagger UI
- Experienced in building and maintaining test automation frameworks
- Event-based, microservice architectures
Significant and demonstrable commercial experience in the following areas:
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high performing, cross-functional development teams
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Working with the business, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering quality and value.
- Ensuring robustness of code via error-handling, alerting mechanisms, healthchecks, computer consumable logging, regardless of tools/language/environment.
- Multi-process parallelism, including how differing comms mechanisms, file i/o, function calling mechanisms etc may impact performance
- Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Knowledge of the Scottish Land Registration process
- Designing and testing with relational and NoSQL databases, particularly Mongo, Postgres, Oracle and Informix
If this is something you feel suited to and would like to apply, please send in your CV. Due to a potential high volume of applications, we will endeavour to come back to you asap.