We are looking for a brilliant senior Ruby developer with experience working in a multi-disciplinary agile team environment using test driven development (TDD)
- Expert level Ruby /ROR / Ruby on Rails
- Strong experience working with SQL databases (eg. PostgreSQL).
- Experience with event based data models
- Experience building and documenting APIs
- Strong testing experience
- Ability to work in a small, agile, cross functional team
- Knowledge of AWS
- Awareness of Kubernetes would also be useful.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Full stack experience - containerisation
- Awareness of NoSQL databases (eg. DynamoDB), and when and how to use them
- Knowledge of: Linux/Java/Node/Docker/Kubernetes
- Strong postgres and data modelling
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Design, create and improve new and existing products, platforms and transactions across the organisation. Have strong skills in front end or back end web developer (or both) and be ready to quickly get to work within a multi-disciplinary team of developers, designers, editors, and analysts focussed on one or more products or projects. Build web and mobile products to serve a variety of users' needs. Implement APIs for internal and external use. Build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a Continuous Deployment environment. Share knowledge of tools and techniques with the wider team, both developers and non-developers.
This is a great role on an interesting project! If you are a seasoned Ruby Developer, apply today