Unique company with amazing opportunity to grow!
Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
£75,000.00 + benefits
Location - Bath - flexible working available (let's talk options!!)
We are exclusively working with an exciting and really unique company in Bath that are looking for a Senior Rails Engineer to join their talented team. Their dashboard is used daily by many of the industry's leading engineering teams, helping engineers around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. They work with 30 open source libraries and an extremely impressive client list so the opportunity to learn new tech is right there! The team is growing, and they are taking on bold challenges every day! Be part of how they get there....
To give you an idea of the role
- You will help build the core company dashboard, helping make developers all over the world more efficient at what they do.
- You will collaborate with product designers and other software engineers to deliver elegant, performant user-facing APIs to power the next generation of the company's dashboard.
- You will use leading edge monitoring tools, including in house tools, to keep the dashboard performant and bug-free.
- You will thoughtfully and constructively review work from others on the team
- Have 3-5 years of backend engineering experience, using Ruby on Rails or a similar MVC framework - Python would be good
- You have the ability to take ownership of all stages of a project from architecture/design through implementation to delivery
- You have experience with multiple datastores (we use MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch)
- You have experience designing, building, and using RESTful APIs
- You are willing to go the extra mile to make other developers more efficient
- You have strong communication skill
- Being curious, inquisitive and driven are big factors
- 34 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Pension contribution
- Private medical - for yourself and cover 50% of the cost of your family's premiums
- Health cash plan - cover the cost of your family's everyday healthcare, dental, optical, physio and wellness
- Life assurance - 4 times your salary
- 12 weeks maternity and 12 weeks paternity
- Lifestyle spending account - figure can be discussed
- Equipment - provide your choice of keyboard / mouse / headphones and a top spec Macbook Pro.
- Free lunch paid every day + a wide range of snacks and drinks
- Paid books for anything related to your job
- Paid conferences - up to 4 days paid leave a year that can be used for time out of the office
- Offer everyone the opportunity to visit the San Francisco office to meet the team there
Our client values ownership, personal development, and transparency. They believe in empowering their employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback. They also use latest tech! They believe in finding the best technology to power their business.
Want to know more? Get in touch!
If you are not based in Bath but you are looking to relocate please get in touch too!
****Please send me your CV and I will call you in the strictest confidence to discuss the role and client.