- Senior Service Designer - Government / Public Sector
- 6 Months
- £550-£650 - Inside IR35
- Remote Working
We're looking for an experienced for Senior Service Designer will support the development and execution of user-led service design across a range of products and services. They will help users complete their goals across a variety of outlets including policy or systems. Experienced in user-centred design, they will be able to advocate for the most effective channels for each challenge. They will help teams ensure the user is at the heart of what we do and support effective delivery.
As a Senior Service Designer, you'll be expected to ensure quality, innovation and creativity in how we approach all aspects of service design as part of product delivery. As an experienced practitioner, you'll also identify and bring inspiration and best practices from the service design community to shape and improve how we work.
As a Senior Service Designer you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and building strong relationships with stakeholders across large-scale and high-profile projects, influencing and collaborating with them to improve user-centred design and delivery
- Work in a a talented, multidisciplinary team through each stage of the design process to design user focused and successful services.
- Use service design methodologies to collaborate on designing new solutions
- Uncovering and articulating insights helping the team read between the lines and discover latent needs
- Creating an environment that encourages the sharing of knowledge and best practice between members of the community
- Role model and work closely with User Research colleagues on the use of qualitative and quantitative insights to make robust evidence-based and user-centric design decisions?
- Providing leadership, defining "what good looks like" and best practice
- Reviewing and providing direction on the work of other service designers
- Managing relationships between your team and others to ensure consistency and share good practice
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and techniques:
- Service design within either a government, health or social care setting
- Government Digital Service methodologies
- Working within constraints and the ability to identify challenge where required.
- Best practices in service design.
- Being a confident communicator: able to persuade, negotiate, influence and collaborate
- Good time management and the ability to work without supervision
- Getting to the heart of an issue, demonstrating expert knowledge in an applied setting
- Connecting insights and information drawn from research into an inspirational and useful foundation for design, including service opportunities and design principles.
- Making complex language and processes easy to understand
- Creating lightweight prototypes of ideas and concepts which move the team toward solving a common outcome for users
- Applying strategic and effective thinking to design which balance user needs, stakeholder goals and provide services in the appropriate format
- Building relationships with stakeholders to understand their goals and working with them to improve user journeys and the overall experience
- Managing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities and deadlines
- Providing feedback to and mentoring others to make sure they're delivering quality work
If you are a Senior Service Designer and this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.