Senior Site Reliability Engineer / Bath & Remote / GCP & AWS / Kubernetes / Gluster / Tech for Devs
Talent are partnered with an organisation in the south west who are awesome at building tools for improving efficiency in code & engineering teams output.
We're looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) to join the team to run large-scale, distributed & scalable systems.
The role can be undertaken either remotely, onsite or a mixutre of both.
The responsibilities of the SRE
* Make sure microservices, databases and other infrastructure are observable & monitorable
* Be a key input on the architecture of new and existing microservices
* Maintain databases and help to keep them performant
* Validate infrastructure
* Security best practice
* Enable On-Premise product to be as reliable as SaaS product.
* Review the work of others in the team and make sure its to a high standard
* Regularly be on-call to deal with production issues
* You have 8+ years of engineering experience.
* You have hands on experience with one of the major cloud platforms: AWS, GCP or Azure.
* You have professional experience querying, deploying and maintaining multiple databases/datastores (MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch).
* Architecture/design through implementation to delivery.
* You can effectively balance idealism with pragmatism when assessing the direction, a project should take.
Bonus points for
* Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
* Experience with Terraform/Packer/Vagrant.
* Experience with Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
* Experience with MongoDB/Redis/Elasticsearch.
* Experience with Gluster.
* Experience with RabbitMQ/Kafka.
* Experience with microservices in production.
SRE / Site reliability Engineer / DevOps / Software engineer / remote / bath / bristol / swindon / Reading / London / Cloud Engineer / Infrastructure as code