- Buckinghamshire, England
- Up to £75000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Matthew Pearce
I am working with an incredibly interesting organisation who are at the forefront of end-to-end Neutral Host 5G networks.
This organisation partners with cities and carriers to create plug-and-play active neutral host 5G small cell infrastructure that more efficiently densifies wireless networks by reducing the need for redundant radios in the same critical indoor and outdoor locations.
The Senior System Test Engineer will cover both a strategic and hands-on role, to define and implement manual and automated testing regimes that ensure product & network builds meet functional and non-functional specifications and provide confidence that our software is of the highest quality and meets customer expectations.
* Introduction and execution of a test strategy across the team in line with Dense Air engineering practices, ensuring requirements and defect traceability throughout.
* Aid in the development, provisioning and maintenance of the Continuous Integration pipeline.
* Design of a stable lab environment for the testing of products and end-to-end networks.
* Build and maintain test environments
* Contribute and review requirements specifications, business and product use-cases to plan/scope new feature introduction. Ensure appropriate tests are captured, defined and implemented.
* Write and execute test scripts ensuring functional and non-functional requirements are met by products and end-to-end networks.
* Scheduling test alongside supporting development with root cause analysis.
* Work closely with the test development teams to continue to improve test coverage.
* Incorporate automated testing into System Test processes.
* Develop and maintain regression test to verify product builds, increase early defect discovery, increase productivity, and provide faster release cycles.
* Creation of internal and external product quality reports based on objective analysis of test outputs.
* Identification of best-in-class test frameworks and tooling, assessing their fit within the Dense Air product development methodology.
* Mentoring and coaching across the System Test team.
* Other duties appropriate to the post as may be assigned from time to time by Senior Management.
Education and Experience:
* Five years working in a system verification role, testing 4G / 5G products, RAN experience preferable.
* Previous coaching/mentoring/leading preferable.
* In-depth knowledge of verification strategies and automatic verification tools.
* In-depth knowledge of mobile networks, especially 4G and 5G 3GPP standards.
* 5G ORAN experience preferable.
* Experience working in an Agile environment beneficial.
* Experience of CI / CD implementations.
* Technical degree preferable.
* Able to structure and execute testing strategies around customer needs and expectations.
* An excellent planner able to schedule and prioritise work and react positively to issues occurring.
* Able to present information in a clear and concise way to peers and managers.
* Good stakeholder and team management relationship and influencing skills.