Senior Technical Product Manager
We are exclusively working with an exciting and really unique company in Bath that are now looking for Senior Technical Product Manager (SDKs) to join our team in Bath to oversee changes to their error reporting libraries.
Their error reporting libraries are integrated in mobile, web and server-side apps written by world class engineering teams. You'll be responsible for shaping the future of their libraries by working with customers to understand their needs. You'll then design and specify the requirements and interfaces, and work closely with the engineering team to ensure they are implemented consistently on each of our supported platforms. You'll be able to understand complex technical problems and be able to ask the right questions, challenge assumptions, and collaborate to find the optimal solutions. You'll manage the release process to ensure that new versions are sufficiently tested and documented so our customers can fully trust that they will function correctly. This position reports to the VP of Product.
A bit about our client - they built is an error-monitoring tool that allows developers to identify, prioritise and replicate bugs in a time-efficient and enjoyable manner. They create an ownership mentality with all developers by enabling them to proactively see the effects of their code. This helps them address issues before these escalate, creating a joyful experience for both customers and engineers. They work with an extremely impressive list of clients all over the world with offices in Bath and San Francisco.
To give you an idea of the role
- Interact with their customers' world class engineering teams to understand their engineering processes, focuses and priorities, and use that to make key product decisions.
- Based on customer feedback and other inputs, come up with creative & innovative solutions to customer problems.
- Own the specification for our error reporting libraries, manage changes to it, and oversee how it is applied on over 50 frameworks and platforms.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure our error reporting libraries and associated tools are easy to use, lightweight, reliable, and robust.
- Hands on experience in a range of software engineering roles.
- Experience in SDK, library, or API development.
- Product management experience at a senior level.
- Familiarity with a range of mobile, web and server-side programming languages, frameworks and technologies.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask effectively.
- Quick to learn new skills and solve problems.
- Bachelor degree in CS or equivalent experience.
- An interest in developer tools.
- 34 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Pension contribution
- Private medical - for yourself and cover 50% of the cost of your family's premiums
- Health cash plan - cover the cost of your family's everyday healthcare, dental, optical, physio and wellness
- Life assurance - 4 times your salary
- 12 weeks maternity and 12 weeks paternity
- Lifestyle spending account - figure can be discussed
- Equipment - provide your choice of keyboard / mouse / headphones and a top spec Macbook Pro.
- Free lunch paid every day + a wide range of snacks and drinks
- Paid books for anything related to your job
- Paid conferences - up to 4 days paid leave a year that can be used for time out of the office
- Offer everyone the opportunity to visit the San Francisco office to meet the team there!
- Our client values ownership, personal development, and transparency. They believe in empowering their employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
- They use latest tech! They believe in finding the best technology to power their business
Unique company with amazing opportunity to grow!
****Please send me your CV and I will call you in the strictest confidence to discuss the role and client.