- London, England
- £45000 - £65000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Phoebe Faulkner
- 26 days ago
Senior User researcher // Permanent // London
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking organisation, as part of a collaborative team?
As Senior User researcher you would play a leading role in fulfilling the user research needs of priority projects as part of a highly agile development team. You will use a range of research methods and techniques to deliver insight on consumers and organisations to inform policy and principles of best practice for working with Data.
A user focused approach is key in establishing user research practices into a team, establish a user centred culture, and continually monitoring and improve practices. Confidence will be important when explaining user needs to senior civil servants and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team, the wider organisation and across government.
Key duties include:
- Plan, design, prepare and run user research activities (such as; contextual discovery, diary studies, prototype testing, accessibility testing, experience mapping etc.) to support the design, development and continuous improvement of digital products and services.
- Working with product and services owners in order to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service and continually test and improve products and services
- Design and run contextual and discovery research to gain a deeper understanding of the needs of all users of a service.
- Manage the usability and accessibility testing process from beginning to end from; recruiting participants, designing test tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features
- Lead the design, execution and analysis of quantitative surveys
- Define user centred KPIs, working closely with analytics colleagues, to create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services.
- Foster a culture of team involvement in user research, team analysis, design rationale and decision making based on a user centred approach.
- Lead colleagues to analyse research data and synthesis findings so that research can be shared and traced.
Salary - £45-65,000
Benefits would include: flexi-time, pension scheme, season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym, childcare vouchers.
If you are interested, click and apply to learn more.