- £600 - £700 per day + inside IR35, negotiable
- Job Type
- James Norval
Senior User Researcher
*** SC clearance required - those with active SC or SC which has lapsed in the last 12 months' can apply ***
- fully remote working anywhere in the UK
- Day rates - Inside IR35, negotiable.
- Until 30th April 2022
- Deadline 12 noon 1st November 2021.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The purpose of this role is to support ongoing development of our Division's products and services, by offering and championing a user/customer view.
* Planning, designing and conducting research sessions to support the design and development of services
* Leading the user research process from developing user recruitment briefs through to test moderation, analysis and report writing
* Considering and using the most appropriate research method to test new product and concept developments, including a variety of methods such as usability testing, interviewing, pop up research to ensuring the user needs are fully understood in the service design.
* Working closely with designers, developers and product owners to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into and influence product direction.
* Designing, scripting and analysing qualitative and quantitative data through a variety of research methods such as surveys, analytics, in-depth interviews etc.
* Applying the user-centred design principles to product and service design in an iterative development environment
* Communicating research findings to all relevant stakeholders using the most appropriate styles and techniques to inform decision making based on user needs.
* Managing the recruitment of participants, ensuring a representative sample is obtained with accountability for schedules and value for money
* Promoting user-centred design principles and best practice
* Managing research findings such as research reports and video footage to ensure they are accessible by relevant stakeholders.
* Working with the wider user research community to share knowledge and experience
* Conducting research with a range of users with diverse needs with to ensure products and services are accessible and inclusive.
G7 (Lead user researcher)
A lead user researcher is an expert practitioner, leading and aligning user research activities across several teams. They ensure that teams take a user-centred, evidence-based approach to service design and delivery. They develop and assure good user research practice.