Senior User researcher // Permanent // London
The Senior User researcher will play a leading role in fulfilling the user research needs of priority projects and help to develop their user research capability. You will use a range of research techniques to deliver insight on consumers and organisations to inform policy and principles of best practice for working with Data. You will work closely with other researchers to help upskill other members of staff, help develop a strategic approach for identifying and prioritising areas of UR needs, and develop institutional knowledge as well as to build a User Research community.
- You will be experienced in using a variety of user research methods to reveal actionable insights.
- You will have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence.
- Be confident in explaining user needs to senior civil servants, and acting as a persuasive advocate for those needs both within the team, the wider organisation and across government.
- Experience with and be comfortable working with agile development teams. You will be able to introduce user research practices into a team, establish a user centred culture, and continually monitor and improve practices.
Key duties include:
- Working with product and services owners / managers to develop and advocate appropriate research strategies to understand user needs for a service, and to continually test and improve products and services
- Plan, design, prepare and run user research activities to support the design, development and continuous improvement of digital government products and services (including activities such as contextual discovery, experience mapping, diary studies, early stage concept and prototype testing, lab based and contextual usability and accessibility testing)
- Design and run contextual and discovery research to develop a deep understanding of the needs of all users of a service
- Manage the usability and accessibility testing process from recruiting participants, designing test tasks, and preparing discussion guides, to test moderation, analysis and presenting results
- Design, execute and analyse quantitative surveys
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user research findings into stories and actions that lead to valuable product and service features
- Work closely with analytics colleagues to define user centred KPIs, to create a rich picture of user behaviour to tell the full story of how and why people use our services
- Foster a culture of team involvement in user research, team analysis, design rationale and decision making based on user needs
- Lead colleagues to analyse research data and synthesis findings so that research is shareable and traceable
£45-65,000 + attractive pension and benefits package.
If you are interested, click and apply to learn more.