Service Assurance Officer
Titchfield - Remote for Foreseeable
Contract until 31st March 2021 - Possible Extension
This Service Assurance Officer role will see you providing invaluable support by assisting the management of cross functional aspects to support the delivery of a successful operation within our Census Field People Services team.
As a Service Assurance Officer you will provide support to the Service Assurance Manager by assisting in the management of the cross functional aspects of the service (e.g. quality assurance, audit, security, testing, Business continuity and disaster planning, exit strategy etc) to ensure a cohesive outcome that supports the delivery of a successful operation.
This is a key role which you will develop and maintain productive and collaborative working relationships with the immediate team as well as a number of internal and external customers and stakeholders. You will need to have a pragmatic approach, which will enable you to find positive outcomes to issues and challenges that arise in unique situations.
Working closely with the Service Assurance Manager covering all aspects outlined below:
- Support the review of end to end business processes and technical interfaces, assuring the suppliers' business areas are effective and able to feed applicable information to the required functions;
- Quality Assurance - support the development of the Quality assurance plan across CFPS;
- Audit - assist in the delivery of the audit process and plan, working closely with the internal security team to assure processes and monitor to ensure it is appropriate and effective in providing assurances.
- Security - working closely with the Supplier and corporate ONS Security team to provide assurances that the necessary processes ensure all information and assets (e.g. security badges) managed by the Supplier are secure;
- Working alongside the Service Assurance Manager, CFO or CFPS test leads and test analyst to support a quality assurance view for the testing planned for CFPS services;
- Work closely with colleagues to support the development of a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDP) Plan for CFPS, and potentially CFO as a whole;
- Working with a range of stakeholders to identify and resolve issues pragmatically and within short timescales;
- Managing, monitoring and reviewing the supplier BCDP plan periodically;
- Management Information - working with the supplier and central MI teams, to develop the overall MI solution for CFPS, and where required the wider CFO, is provided and will deliver MI on time, to required quality, provide us with operational MI reports to support them in all CFPS activities and provide us with MI to verify that the supplier is fulfilling its contractual obligations.
- Reviewing contract for delivery of SLA and KPIs, managing quality, consistency and auditing the service provided;
- Input into wider programme reporting and assurance needs;
- Working with internal customers to ensure that where possible census can help bring benefits to the wider organisation.
- Experience of working in a Service Assurance environment;
- Experience in building relationships and communicating with internal stakeholders and Suppliers;
- Excellent IT knowledge to support project completion and compliance;
- Knowledge of technical requirements, enabling you to:
- Maintain plans across the supplier and customer workstreams
- Have an awareness of end to end operating models
- Maintain service focus
- Organise, gather and analyse technical information, being comfortable challenging gaps and problem solving;
- Experience of working in a project/programme environment, understanding and identifying issues that can lead to project failure.
- Experience of managing plans, such as audit plans, and developing these to meet business requirements;
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing business and project priorities and manage customer/supplier relationships.