Our Client is looking for an experienced Service Designer.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 2 to 3 years experience as a Service Designer or Systems Thinker.
- Experience solving design and research challenges through collaboration and user participation.
- The ability to translate research insight into opportunities and solutions for service users via the application of design research methods e.g. user journeys, services mapping, prototyping etc.
- Ability to develop hands on interaction design solutions for the products that enable the service.
- A diverse set of methods & tools that allow them to illustrate the opportunities to improve specific service components and touch-points.
- Appreciation for and demonstrated ability to connect design solutions to pragmatic implementation.
- A belief that a focus on people is fundamental in creating inclusive policies, products and services for social impact.
- Have a design-related degree or experience on a product, interaction or UX design role.
- Define elements - layout, design patterns, controls and actions
- Eligible for SC Clearance.
- Have experience of working directly with front-end code to update prototypes - skills in HTML, CSS and java script aren't essential, but all our designers learn the basics.
- Be able to write for user interfaces.
- Have demonstrable experience of collaborating on designs with a software engineer.
- Have demonstrable experience of working in technical teams in complex environments.
- Be able to manage other people's work, including planning work and checking it to make sure it's consistent and appropriate across products and services.
** Applicants must be eligible for SC Clearance **
Security Clearance (SC) is the most common type of vetting process. Transferable between government departments, it covers a wide range of jobs from IT and health to government, MoD, defence and private sector.
To gain (SC) clearance you will normally need to have been a UK resident for a minimum of 5 years, and will need to successfully complete all stages of the vetting process which includes: Baseline Personnel Security Standard. Departmental/Company Records Check. Security Questionnaire.