£500-550 per day. Outside IR35
Remote. UK based.
6 Months (likely extension.
An experienced Senior Service Designer is required to support the continued delivery of services across Registers of Scotland (RoS).
This role will be based within the Service Design business unit and the person will support the delivery of missions across the business ecosystem, strategic roadmap and corporate plan - deploying a range of business analysis methods, tools and techniques across the full-service design in the Transfer of Part area of the business. This role will be positioned in the heart of our land and property registration service, working with a primary team of Business analysts, Agile coaches, User Experience Researchers and Service managers. The aim is to identify improvements for operational efficiencies and organisational change within work flows and existing digital products. Then working with secondary groups of people to pilot and implement these changes
- To map end to end services in line with user needs and business requirements.
- Redesign services and/or embed new services focussing on 'What matters to the user'.
- Share understanding of approach to service design and maturity and how this supports the Scottish Government approach (Scottish approach to service design and digital service standards)
- Help to embed Service design thinking into the service area and provide the skills to continue them into BAU
- Engage in any stage of the service lifecycle.
- Support the Service Design community of practice (CoP) with other internal and external colleagues.
- Support junior staff with their development and upskilling.
- Work with our communication and organisational design professionals to assist in helping to reduce the impact of change
- Be confident in engaging stakeholders and working with established governance forums such as the technical design authority
- Facilitate co-design with colleagues in the business areas to produce improvements for services.
- Implement improvements across small groups to monitor and assess risk and impact before implementing on a larger scale.
- Measure changes to ensure effectiveness through data gathered for business and colleague impact
- Collaborate with Service Designers from other areas, when required, on overlapping deliveries.
- Support any secondary activities as requested by the Head of Service Design or Lead Service Designer
- Able to listen to the needs of the technical and business stakeholders, and interpret between them.
- Able to manage stakeholders' expectations and be flexible.
- Capable of proactive and reactive communication.
- Facilitates difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders.
- Works with higher impact or more complex risks.
- Builds consensus between services or independent stakeholders
- Leads others to make good design decisions mentoring others, through pairing and role modelling.
- Shares best practice.
- Can identify and understand constraints across the business or service, and is able to communicate these and work within them.Able to challenge the validity of constraints ensuring RoS standards are being met.
- Providing direction on which tools and methods to use by using experience to meet the needs of users across a variety of channels
- Able to make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase, building consensus between services or independent stakeholders.
- Able to identify problems or issues in the team dynamic and rectify them.
- Engages in varying types of feedback choosing the right type at the appropriate time and ensuring discussions and decisions are actioned as appropriate. Able to understand and utilise both quantitative and qualitative data in service designs projects.
- Visualising and implementing strategic service design end to end, applying different risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in question, with the ability to apply a digital understanding to their work and to identify and implement solutions for assisted digital.
- Able to help teams to manage and visualise outcomes, prioritise work and work to agreed minimum viable product (MVP) scope
- Experience of utilising user research
- Designs service patterns for use across multiple services and can identify the simplest approach out of a variety of approaches
- Knowledge of Scottish land registration processes
- Knowledge of Registers of Scotland
- Service Design in an operational setting
- Experience of lean and systems thinking