(OUTSIDE IR35) Service Designer
- Expert knowledge of "Systems Thinking"
- 6 Month Contract with possible extension
- Newport Remote Working for the foreseeable
- £500 - £600 pay per day.
Are central government client are undertaking a full system design review of our Data Capability service, looking at the end-to-end journey of data from identification of research questions through acquisition of new data, ingestion, preparation and access. Within this journey will optimise the overall system design and backstage processes to provide an optimised and efficient service to our users.
We need an experienced Service Designer with extensive background in the "Systems Thinking" methodology. Phase 1, 'check', has been completed and we are now moving to Phase 2 'plan' and 'do'.
A lead service designer is an expert practitioner who influences and mentors others. At this level, you will be expected to:
- set direction, assure the quality of design delivery across teams and lead multiple or highly complex services
- work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts.
- User focus. You know how to give direction on which tools or methods to use. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user. (Relevant skill level: expert) Essential
- Strategic thinking. You can lead the design and implementation of strategy, directing the evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure business requirements are being met. (Relevant skill level: expert) Essential
- Facilitating decisions and risks. You can make and justify decisions characterised by high levels of risk, impact and complexity. You know how to build consensus between organisations (private or public) or highly independent and diverse stakeholders. You can be trusted by senior risk owners as an expert in security. You can apply risk methodologies at the most complex levels of risk and guide others in applying risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in question. (Relevant skill level: expert) Essential
- Communication skills. You can mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels. You know how to manage stakeholders' expectations and facilitate discussions across high risk and complexity or under constrained timescales. You can speak on behalf of and represent the community to large audiences inside and outside of government. (Relevant skill level: expert) Essential