Inside IR35 - Open to daily rates/market rates
Remote - UK based.
The Integrated Data Service (IDS) Programme has committed to delivering a Public Beta digital platform that will help government and users to make better use of data to improve the policy and decision-making that affects people's lives
To achieve the IDS Platform Workstream must undertake and deliver multiple, parallel running, mission-critical digital initiatives that are essential for enabling rapid scaling, exceeding user expectations, and meeting our Service Standard commitments which are vital to establishing a great public service.
To succeed the IDS Platform Workstream need an IT Service Manager to be accountable for service management across all IDS digital products and services, ensuring availability, performance, and process maturity and be a champion for our cross-government users.
IT Service Managers in ONS are experts in their fields who:
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of all elements of the ITIL framework and can guide teams to ensure processes are optimised to deliver business priorities.
- Lead on the IT Service Management strategy and its implementation, ensuring alignment to the overarching vision, mission, and goals for Digital, Data and Technology across the programme.
- Ensure IT Service Management processes are owned, aligned to industry best practice, and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the service and delivery teams it supports.
- Guide teams that operate the key ITIL / IT Service Management processes ensuring they continue to evolve and mature with ongoing business needs.
- Encompass agile ways of working to oversee the development and introduction of new processes in line with strategy and the needs of users, stakeholders, and delivery teams.
- Provide direction and subject matter advice for the adoption and embedding of ITIL processes across service and delivery teams.
- Ensure processes are effectively delivered through automated tooling, developing a clear roadmap for improvement to support end-to-end process delivery.
- Act as champion, advocate and escalation point for teams and its outputs, establishing strong and productive relationships across Digital, Data and Technology providing thought leadership and insights on service management.
- Has an in-depth understanding of service management framework principles and processes and the ability to apply the technical knowledge in project or programme activities. Has Expert Certificate in Service Management Framework qualification and an industry understanding of how to implement the framework into numerous environments.
- Maintains focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers, and operates. Ensures that a set of IT products, suppliers and vendors come together to deliver an IT service. Aware of different products and services. Sees the bigger picture by taking groups of services, investigating how to get the best of underlying services.
- Takes management information and consolidates agreed key performance indicators into product or service measures that underpin service management of a specific product or service. Leverages their data analytics skills to enhance business performance.
- Identifies, analyses, manages, and monitors relationships with and between stakeholders. Clarifies mutual needs and commitments through consultation and consideration of impacts. For example, the coordination of all promotional activities to one or more customers to achieve satisfaction for the customer and an acceptable return for the supplier; assistance to the customer to ensure that maximum benefit is gained from products and services supplied. Determines the strategic vision and direction. Positively influences key senior stakeholders. Provides an arbitration function.
- Takes ownership of problems and proactively resolves technical problems, ensuring that technical solutions continue to meet business requirements. Takes full accountability for actions taken and decisions made. Takes accountability of issues that occur and is proactive in searching for potential problems. Achieves excellent user outcomes.
- Gives direction on which tools / methods to use. Is experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. Able to bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. Applies strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user.