IT Service Manager // Permanent // Glasgow
Would you like to work for a forward-thinking organisation, as part of a collaborative team?
As the service manager you will play a key role in managing the service delivery of ICT services and work closely with teams from service operations, ensuring business relationships with the organisation enable delivery. You will be responsible for supporting, managing and maintain the infrastructure solutions that underpin these services.
Key duties include:
- Manage the service delivery of information and communications technology (ICT) services, supporting, managing and maintaining the infrastructure solutions that underpin these services.
- Ensure business relations within the organisation are managed to enable delivery of ICT services.
- Manage the day to day delivery of ICT products and services, ensuring that these and the suppliers and vendors come together to deliver a holistic, customercentric IT service.
- Ensure that service asset and configuration items are properly controlled, and that accurate and reliable information about these assets is available when needed.
- Lead and direct teams to make sure that service level agreements (SLAs) and operational level agreements (OLAs) are in place and being met with both external and internal teams; ensuring all contractors carry out processes to ITIL standards.
- Maintain the service to ensure it secure, resilient, fit for purpose.
- Take ownership of problems, undertakes problem solving and proactively resolve technical issues, ensuring solutions meet business requirements.
- Maintain focus on the whole life of service delivery - designs, develops, delivers and operates.
- Contribute to system design, integration, system testing and associated problem solving as well as to the development of IT-related strategy and policies
- Level 3 Service Management Framework Qualification and knowledge of lifecycle and / or capability elements of ITIL
- IT operations related business analysis skills: able to use qualitative and quantitative data to visualise, articulate, solve complex problems and concepts
- Sound stakeholder management skills
- Sound understanding of the core technical concepts related to the role
- Able to identify process optimisation opportunities with guidance and contribute to the implementation of proposed solutions
Salary - up to £42,000
Benefits would include: flexi-time, pension scheme, season ticket loan/cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym, childcare vouchers.
Deadline: Friday, 8th November
If this sounds like you apply online or get in touch with Phoebe Faulkner: 0117 3320 825.