*** Current SC Clearance required for this post ***
- Fully Remote Working
- Outside IR35
- SC Clearance required
- Rates negoitiable
As the Service Transition Manager, you will be accountable for ensuring the successful delivery of change from Project and Programmes into the Operational environments. This role will require you to have demonstrable experience in ensuring that complex solutions successfully transition from Design to Operational usage, working closely with various stakeholders across the organisation, especially colleagues who are responsible for the creation of designs, requirements, testing and service integration.
You will be responsible for the creation of the Transition vision and strategy and ensuring that this is delivered.
You will be responsible for the management and leadership of a number of resources and will be expected to coach and mentor them, creating a highly effective Service Transition Function within PPP Transformation.
As the Service Transition Manager, you will have demonstrable experience of delivering within Agile, Modified Waterfall and SAFe frameworks and a keen understanding of Service Management frameworks such as ITIL 4 and supplier management frameworks such as SIAM.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define the policies, process and procedures required to successfully transition from Design to Operations.
- Define the policies, process and procedures required to safeguard the operational environment.
- Define and agree with key stakeholders the definition of exit and entry criteria for each Phase Gate.
- Manage, plan and co-ordinate new, enhanced and retiring services in relation to their deployment to or removal from the Operational Environment.
- Working with Key Stakeholders across the Organisation to ensure the needs of the business, internal customers and end users are satisfied.
- Ensuring only planned and tested changes go live in accordance with Operational policies, process, and procedure.
- Ensuring suitable Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BCDR) plans are in place and tested.
- Working closely Service Integration to ensure the smooth transition of 3rd party services to the Operational environment.
- Creating and managing the Change Log.
- Ensuring that Knowledge Management process are in place to aid in resilience, lessons learned and future planning.
- Managing the Release and Deployment of change into environments via the creation and facilitation of suitable Phase gates.
- Work alongside Project Managers and internal partners to plan releases to maximise delivery efficiency and reduce risk.
- Ensure that Known Limitations and Mitigation plans are acceptable and do not impose unacceptable risk to the Operational Environment.
- Have a strong understanding of Service Transition models and frameworks such as the Service Transition V-Model and ITIL 4 and how to apply them in practical terms.
- Demonstrable Change and Release Management experience.
- Possess strong communication and stakeholder management skills to enable community collaboration.
- Experience in defining incident management processes and investigating incident causes and resolution.
- Excellent Service Focus across the whole service delivery lifecycle.
- Able to identify process optimisation opportunities and the implementation of proposed solutions.
- Experience of working with differing methodologies including Agile, Waterfall, DevOps and Hybrid models.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Proficient at analysing information from a range of sources to present advice/recommendations with clarity & certainty.
- Asset and Configuration Management.
- Availability and Capacity Management.
- Broad Technical Understanding.
- Continuity Management.