ServiceNow Developer - New role as of 07/07/2021!
6 Months (Possible extension)
£500 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable. When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision that many of the team and community activities will take place at our Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, for at least part of each week
An experienced ServiceNow developer is required to ensure the steady progress on the development of the platform in areas of Workflow Automation, Front-end Service Portal, CMDB Integration, and ITSM Maturity. Alongside the ServiceNow team, you will be working on a previously developed platform which has recently been refreshed using best practice and is ready to be taken on the automation journey. As this role includes some administration and business analysis responsibilities, experience working with complex user requirements will be highly beneficial. Past experience with AWS and Teams integrations will be a distinct advantage. The successful supplier will be familiar with ITIL practices and multiple disciplines of current technologies.
- Provide architectural oversight over implementation of IRM Module
- Migrate a set of ITSM users to a CSC profile in ServiceNow
- Configure the platform to be Mobile App ready
- Develop Service Portal improvements required for a better collaboration with Microsoft Teams
- Adjust notification channels for the platform to align to the Digital Channels instead of email
- Driving Solution optimisations discussions with Business Customers
- Resolution and escalation of ServiceNow related issues and risks.
- Proactive monitoring, maintenance and support of system performance, data, capacity and capability, and recommending improvement opportunities.
- Training, guidance, and 'Show and Tell' sessions of developed solutions.
- Creating specialist knowledge and governance documentation to support best practices and developing standards for ServiceNow
- Carry out patching activities
- Managing upgrades, patches and system clones to the platform
- Self-Service Portal (beyond Catalogue Items)
- HTML, XML, CSS & JSON
- Integration and orchestration
- AD Integration
- ServiceNow platform mechanics and best practices
- CMDB & Asset Management
- Strong teamwork, self-managing and self-initiative, coaching, collaboration & communication skills
- Scoped Applications
- Experience with IRM
- Experience of Quebec version of the platform
- Exposure to Agile working methods