Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) - Fully Remote
Up to £70k
As the lead Linux expert within the business, you will work with multiple development teams across numerous PHP technology stacks to ensure the stable, safe release flow of code pipelines as well as ensure that the base Linux environment is fit for purpose and healthy according to the specific needs of each project and the business.
You will be an expert resource for these teams, bridging the gap between traditional operations teams and separate development teams in order to ensure that the developers are operating within the parameters of the infrastructure, or conversely redesigning the infrastructure to suit the needs of upcoming projects and plans from the development teams.
- The safe & secure release of code into the estate (working with development teams)
- Ensuring that the Linux infrastructure is healthy, secure, and up to date on all code versions.
- Providing intelligence and insight about the infrastructure into the development teams.
- Maintaining associated monitoring systems such as "New Relic" to ensure that intelligence about the platforms at all layers is available to all teams.
- Designing, developing, and managing automated security tooling for infrastructure at scale
- Establish and continuously enhance CI\CD pipeline tooling and practices for the benefit of process automation and expediency, including ceremonies such as sprints, retrospectives, reviews and backlog pruning
- Assist with the reduction of vulnerabilities in the build and deploy process
- Work with internal and external teams for the purpose of root-cause identification and fix implementation
- A primary point of contact for the security of our high-availability eCommerce environments by testing/tuning of security capabilities and including managing access, reporting, alerting and advocating for exemplary posture.
- Architectural design and implementation of networks and infrastructure used by our complex UAT, staging and production environments.
- Research, examination and implementation of new security services and open-source tools to complement our estates
- Maintain eCommerce specific technical documentation
- Attend sprint planning events to ensure all work is considered, not just development
Base Technologies - 3+ years
- PHP 7.x
- Reddis Clusters
- Elastic Clusters
- Ansible / Puppet / Automation
- Content Delivery Networks
Core Infrastructure disciplines - 3+ years
- TCP/IP Knowledge
- Packet Tracing & Network Debugging
- Bind/DNS Management
- Iptables/UFW Management
- Routing & Switching Design
- Hypervisor / Virtual Platform
- Advanced Host level Diagnositics
Essential experience required
- Experienced working to Agile or Scrum methodologies throughout the SDLC
- Knowledge of core PHP language is essential as opposed to reliance on commercial frameworks such as CodeIgniter / Laravel.
- Disciplined to work alone while exhibiting strong teamwork
- Exemplary communication skills from technical to the user level
- Dynamic and able to prioritise workloads in a fast-moving environment
- Ability to diagnose, debug and remediate unknown issues quickly (diagnostic method)
Interviews to be arranged next week