Site Reliability Engineer
An exclusive client Talent International are partnered with are going through a substantial growth period - They are a trusted software stability provider for over 5,000 engineering teams worldwide, including Airbnb, Slack, Pinterest, Lyft, Yelp, and Pandora. They process over 1 billion crash reports daily from 85,000 applications, and empower customers to make data-driven decisions on when to focus on building new features, or when to fix bugs.
About My Client
value of ownership, personal development, and transparency. Believing in empowering employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback.
The latest tech!
Located in Downtown San Francisco (one block from BART and MUNI at Montgomery Street) and at the edge of the city centre in Bath.
Competitive salary/benefits - free Lunch every day, pension, annual conference attendance, and your choice of Apple hardware.
They offer all new Bath hires a trip out to San Francisco to meet the team.
- Ensure that all the microservices and databases at Bugsnag are observable, introducing monitoring in the right places to help us have visibility into what is happening in our production systems.
- Influence the design of new and existing microservices to ensure they will be observable, stable and performant.
- Maintain our databases and help to keep them performant by making changes to their configuration and deployment, as well as looking into the system's usage of them.
- Automate tasks to keep the Bugsnag systems resilient with minimal manual intervention.
- Validate our infrastructure to ensure it is highly available and recoverable.
- Ensure we have best practice security in place to protect our infrastructure and customer data.
- You have 5+ years of engineering experience.
- You have experience with multiple datastores (we use MongoDB, Redis, and Elasticsearch).
- You are comfortable working with and maintaining a Linux or other *nix flavour system.
- You are quick to learn new skills and solve problems.
- You have the ability to take ownership of all stages of a project from architecture/design through implementation to delivery.
- You have experience working within a team and communicate well with others.
- You are willing to go the extra mile to make other developers more efficient.
Bonus points for
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes.
- Experience with Terraform/Packer/Vagrant.
- Experience with Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience with MongoDB/Redis/Elasticsearch.
- Experience with RabbitMQ/Kafka.