Site Reliability Engineer
£45,000 - £55,000
Would you like to be part of a market leading global organisation that is a driving force in the development of technology?
My client is constantly growing and is looking for individuals to join their new DevOps function. You will be an integral part of the SRE team to work with the departments across the board to determine how they can be optimised and improved. There is a great opportunity to work with a number of technologies to complete the required work needed to produce the dashboards, automation and tooling.
This is a fantastic chance to really get stuck in within a new DevOps function and play an important part in a technological giant!
- Working with automation and orchestration platforms (Ansible, Jenkins)
- Building sophisticated monitoring dashboards
- Ongoing maintenance and administration of existing monitoring and analytics toolsets
- Carrying out development and configuration activities to agreed timescales in line with the agreed Software Development Lifecycle for the SRE team
- Mentoring colleagues in the use of new technologies or practices
- Collaborating with colleagues in DevOps, Development, Platform Delivery and IT Services teams to determine requirements and solutions, to solve problems and progress work
- Contributing to discussions re suitable architecture and technology choice for SRE software
- Taking part in an On-Call rota to support systems built by the SRE team
Experience & Skills
- Working knowledge of contemporary monitoring, analytics tooling and best practice
- Working knowledge of automation tooling and best practice
- Ability to handle and thrive under pressure, often multitasking and dealing with reprioritisation of work
- Ability to work with autonomy but also collaborate well and progress work as part of a cross functional team
- Previous experience of administration with CA UIM (aka Nimsoft) and Nagios
- Experience with Automation and orchestration platforms (e.g. Ansible, Jenkins)
- Experience utilising log data to investigate and diagnose issues and build dashboards
- Experience of working directly with infrastructure, networking and application monitoring
- Experience working in a large scale, 24/7 enterprise where system uptime and stability is of paramount importance to the business