- Edinburgh, Scotland
- £55000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
- Job Type
- Pierrick Rodriguez
About the Team
The team you will be joining is autonomous and composed of people with different backgrounds, including backend, front-end and robotic. The team works in an Agile environment and is responsible for the orchestration of the various user workflows that we currently have in our platform or any new workflow that the product team might want to implement in the future. We design, implement, deploy and maintain the services responsible for the coordination of simulations and analysis. Also, we work with the product manager to conceptualize the different parts that define a workflow (Test Suite, Simulator, Stack-Under-Test, Rules, Metrics, etc.).
Our team DNA
We like our python code modern, typed, flake-ed and black-ed. We like thorough unit testing; we think that "ship it" is more important than "it's not perfect yet", we are pragmatic programmers. We believe that DevOps is a culture and not a role or team, and everyone embraces it. We prefer incremental changes and iterations over long development cycles. We love getting our backlog done, and we help each other to achieve it. We don't know everything, and we are always eager to learn more from each other or on our own. We are not afraid of exploring new technologies that could help us to deliver faster and better.
What you will do
As a Cloud-native software engineer on our SaaS platform, day to day, you'll be expected to: define, design, implement and integrate significant features, either alone or working with other members of the team. You'll investigate and solve complex system issues and bugs. You'll provide code and design review for other team members. You'll help to develop and improve our CI/CD systems. You'll contribute to maintaining high technical standards, e.g. overall architecture and design patterns, continuous build systems, coding standards, etc. You'll work collaboratively with other teams across the company to coordinate development efforts and best practices.
- You understand, share and are motivated by our team DNA.
- You ideally have a good mix of Software Engineering and full-stack development work, along with work in modern cloud infrastructures and architectures. You may have been called a Platform Engineer, DevOps, Cloud, Infrastructure Engineer previously, but you're equally happy in both domains.
- You have a wealth of industry experience as a software engineer, ideally with a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or industry experience similar to share.
- You are comfortable building in modern Python or similar
- Ideally, you will have experience with cloud services, such as AWS, GCP, or Azure and Infrastructure as Code practices such as Terraform, Azure Resource Manager, CloudFormation etc.
- You ideally have experience with Docker and containerized application development and deployment, preferably on Kubernetes.
- You know your way around CI/CD tools such as GitLab, CircleCI, Travis CI, or Jenkins, and with the practice of building and maintaining deployment pipelines.
- You'll know the entire development life-cycle in a web/cloud environment and software engineering best practices well, including cloud-native architecture, design, code, unit testing, integration testing, code review, and documentation.
- You'll be familiar with the challenges of distributed systems, such as scalability, availability, and observability.
- You'll be comfortable and have a grounding in DevOps principles and practices.
- You'll be experienced in scaling software projects and delivering a high-quality product for customers. In the spirit of continuous improvement, you'll be able to bring this experience!