Software Customer Engineer
Highly compeittive salary + benefits
Location - Bath
We are exclusively working with an exciting and unique company in Bath and I am looking for a bit of a hybrid person here to take on the role of Software Customer Engineer to help deliver an amazing experience to their customers. Their dashboard is used daily by many of the industry's leading engineering teams, helping engineers around the world deliver higher quality software to their users. They work with 30 open source libraries and an extremely impressive client list so the opportunity to learn new tech is right there!
This position involves helping highly technical customers (software engineers) who use the company's software and integrate open source notifier libraries into their applications so you, yourself need to be highly technical.
You should be enthusiastic about working for a small, dynamic company and motivated by solving a challenging and extensive range of very technical and less technical problems. You should be keen to take on new challenges and learn new technologies and skills. They are big believers in open source libraries so you can pick up a lot of skills!! You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of like-minded individuals, working with and learning a wide range of languages and frameworks - they use 30 open source libraries.
To give you an idea of the role
- Provide support for 30 open source libraries
- Perform in-depth investigations, finding ways to reproduce and diagnose customer issues
- Work alongside other engineering teams to identify and propose solutions
- Develop tools and enhance documentation to improve our support processes
- Identify fixes to problems and define tasks for these to be implemented either by this support team or by other engineering teams
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of our web interface and backend pipeline to answer customer questions and solve issues
- Opportunities for some software development on their in-house support tools.
- Enhance and maintain our public-facing documentation
- Attend conferences to hone your tech skills, meet customers, and represent the company
- A minimum of 4 years' experience as a software engineer
- Experience working with multiple technologies and programming languages
- Commercial experience of developing in at least 2 of the following categories of development languages: Mobile: e.g. Android / Obj-C / Swift / React Native / Unity
- Scripting: e.g. Python / Ruby / PHP
- Server: e.g. Java / Go / .NET
- Flexibility to cover a support rota by working one evening every week during San Francisco working hours, instead of your usual UK hours
- A personable, empathetic and professional manner when dealing with customers
- A systematic approach to problem solving and an eagerness to learn new skills and embrace new technologies
- Being curious, inquisitive and driven are big factors!
- 34 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company bonus
- Pension contribution
- Private medical - for yourself and cover 50% of the cost of your family's premiums
- Health cash plan - cover the cost of your family's everyday healthcare, dental, optical, physio and wellness
- Life assurance - 4 times your salary
- 12 weeks maternity and 12 weeks paternity
- Lifestyle spending account - figure can be discussed
- Equipment - provide your choice of keyboard / mouse / headphones and a top spec Macbook Pro.
- Free lunch paid every day + a wide range of snacks and drinks
- Paid books for anything related to your job
- Paid conferences - up to 4 days paid leave a year that can be used for time out of the office
- Offer everyone the opportunity to visit the San Francisco office to meet the team there!
Our client values ownership, personal development, and transparency. They believe in empowering their employees to take ownership of their work while being 100% transparent through instantaneous feedback. They also use latest tech! They believe in finding the best technology to power their business
The team is growing, and they are taking on bold challenges every day! Be part of how they get there....
Want to know more? Get in touch!
****Please send me your CV and I will call you in the strictest confidence to discuss the role and client.