Software Delivery Manager - 4 month contract - Outside IR35 - Fully Remote Working
Tech experience needed: Java/Linux/Oracle
Central Government Experience a huge advantage
As a Delivery Manager you will lead using a mix of Agile methodologies to deliver both planned tasks and respond to incidents with the support of the Tech Lead. This includes collaborating with other BAU teams, Product Owners and other Delivery Managers to support and maintain mission critical legacy systems
The team supports Java/Oracle based platforms, Data Capture, TDE (Telephone Data Entry), Lotus Notes, VB/SQL based surveys, FWMT (Field Work Management Tool) and SAS.
It is essential that each system remains supportable until it is transformed. Current work includes supporting the AIX/Linux upgrade and legislative changes in the form of SOC2020 (Standard Occupation Changes), in addition to daily Service Desk requests/incidents.
The role would also oversee the migration of SDX from Crown to GCP and into IT Operations.
TYPICAL ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
* To manage, prioritise and deliver Service Desk tasks and incidents alongside multiple backlogs using Agile tools and techniques
* Strong stakeholder management
* Identify blockers, risks and issues, and help the team to overcome them
* Focus the team on what is most important to the delivery of products and services
Line management of team (contract and permanent) including giving feedback, coaching and mentoring
* Experience of working as part of a multidisciplined Agile delivery team, resolving blockers and can apply Agile practices/tools.
* Experience of managing and coordinating multiple workstreams running in parallel
* Strong communication skills and can accurately communicate with a multidisciplined team, other IT disciplines and convey technical and non-technical messages to stakeholders
* Experience of collaborating with other teams and can plan and track to meet delivery expectations
* Experience of raising internal risks and issues, knows how to escalate them and articulate the impact on delivery
* Experience of improving existing ways of working and putting new processes in place
Knowledge of the delivery lifecycle
Please Apply if your skills match the above!