2-month contract (possible extensions)
What the specialist will work on:
- Use wireframes to implement front end applications for inputting and analysing results information from international development projects
- Assist with the development of the backend services for creating, reading and updating results information
- Assist with the design of a robust infrastructure for securing and storing the results information
- Engaging with stakeholders on a regular basis for feedback and user testing
- Working collaboratively with other developers in the team and with other engaged technical parties
You'll be working with a user researcher, one full stack developer and one other contractor developer. This development team will be supported by product owners as well as the Head of Data Science.
Working arrangements 3 days per week on site working with the user researcher, other developers in the team and engaging with any other stakeholders. 2 days per week at a location of choice focussing on development tasks while liaising with the core team remotely.
- Have experience building full stack web applications and taking them to production.
- Have experience in developing user interfaces from wireframe specifications.
- Have experience building robust back end HTTP services using a modern toolset.
- Have experience deploying to a cloud environment.
- Aid with the development of a web application that will be used within the organisation and externally for the recording and analysing of results information from various international development projects.
- Working closely with stakeholders to ensure the product meets requirements and integrates into other existing processes and systems.
- Can work with other developers
- Happy to engage with stakeholders and talk to users
- Can work as part of an Agile team, working over short sprints, with some remote working
- Enthusiastic to end poverty and deliver the sustainable development goals
Nice-to-have skills and experience:
- Have worked in an international development context.
Please call 01173320836 with any queries