A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a mid-level Software Developer to join the team of a market leading organisation.
We work in conjunction with multi-national automotive corporations supplying all their cataloguing data management needs.
Our new Software Developer will be required to support and develop our current and future product range. They will join a small team of developers of varying skill sets and experience levels. The role requires working on older Microsoft stack technologies as well as the latest.
- Estimate scope and timescales for maintenance tasks and development projects
- Code within our coding standards and practices
- Attend internal meetings to help plan developments
- Communicate progress accurately and regularly
- Take ownership of allocated product(s)
- Support Help Desk in fault diagnosis
- Support other Developers in the team
- Minimum 5 years' experience of the core Microsoft development technology stack (Visual Studio, SQL Server, Windows Server, IIS)
- Has good coding practices and follows standards.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, personable, outgoing and a team player
- Quality driven with a high level of attention to detail.
- Able to manage their time efficiently.
- The ability to communicate effectively both inside and outside of the technical team.
- Commercial experience of building robust and scalable solutions using .NET
- Strong understanding of OO development, patterns and practices
- Strong development and design knowledge of RDBMS e.g. MS SQL
- The ability to analyse and debug existing code in terms of functionality and performance.
- Comfortable taking responsibility for building and testing features that will be delivered to end users
- Open to accepting views & opinions of other team members
Required Skills at advanced level:
- C# (up to at least version 8)
- Entity Framework and Entity Framework Core
- MVC (ASP.Net and .Net Core)
- Razor (Blazor an advantage)
- Web API development - REST API's, JSON
- ASP.NET / Web Forms
Advantageous Additional Skills of Interest:
- GIT version control (GITHUB)
- Docker (Containers)
- Azure development