- £400 - £450 per day + Outside IR35
- Job Type
- Zoe Latuszka
- 20 days ago
Software Developer (Other Registers)
£450 per day. Outside IR35
Remote for foreseeable/Duration
When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision many of the team activities to take place at our offices in Edinburgh, for at least part of each week.
We have made significant strides re-organising its IT software delivery capability to align to the key domains within the business. The organisations ambition is to have enduring development teams aligned to the business domains ensuring that ownership of software products is clear. We are on a journey to move from projects on-premises to enduring products in the cloud. The Other Registers domain is one of six product domains established to enable us to develop and support high quality and resilient digital products. The team is multifunctional with a strong collaborative and agile culture, and employing XP engineering practices, especially pairing and TDD, with a strong infrastructure-as-code ethos. The Other Registers domain is currently developing new AWS-native Registers of Judgements, Inhibitions and Deeds, and also supports a number of existing Registers
- Development and support of a new Register of Inhibitions
- Development and support of a new Register of Deeds
- Replace and retire the existing Chancery and Judicial Registers with the registers above
- Continued development and support of Other Registers products in-line with the product and architecture roadmaps, including Register of Applications by Community Bodies to Buy Land and the Register of Community Interest in Land.
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participate in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge is required and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Troubleshooting and fixing development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience
- Coach and mentor other team members as necessary
- Ensures high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools,
- Ensures that developed software complies with non-functional software requirements such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability and deployability
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis, etc
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly
Significant commercial experience with the following technology:
- Serverless (Lambda)
- Cloud Formation
- API Gateway
Significant and demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Making excellent quality software with other people.
- Working with business stakeholders, to understand the context, and to focus on delivering value.
- Design and implementation of solutions using a service-based and serverless architecture.
- Excellent collaboration, communication and teamwork skills
- Experience working in the Agile delivery models - such as Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks.
- Developing within GDS or Digital First (or similar) quality standards
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes
- Formal XP engineering techniques
- Defining infrastructure-as-code
- Human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Testing tools and frameworks, e.g. Cypress
- Use of UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces