- Software Developer / Java Developer
- 6-12 Months - £550-£650 - Inside IR35
- Remote Working - London based offices
- Java / Microservices / AWS
We're looking for an experienced Developer with experience around enhancing and developing complex applications. You will be working for our Government client and working in a new agile team delivering exciting end user digital services in accordance with the GDS Agile methodology and working across a multidisciplinary team.
As the Developer you must have experience in the following areas:
- Working in a pair programming environment.
- Ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Working on technical projects within projects.
- Be able to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
You must be able to demonstrate experience in the following technologies and techniques:
- Java 8 (or newer) microservice architectures.
- Good understanding of TDD and BDD
- Implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have a working knowledge of Jackson, JAX-RS, Mockito, ActiveMQ
- Experience of MongoDB or other document databases.
- Have experience of building and scaling high-traffic websites.
- Have experience of handling large data sets and scaling their handling and storage.
If you are Software Developer / Java Developer this role sounds of interest, please don't hesitate to send in your CV.