£450 per day
Homeworking for foreseeable/Duration.
When the risk of COVID infection is eliminated or much reduced, we envision many of the team activities to take place at our offices in Edinburgh, for at least part of each week.
We are on a journey to move from projects on-premises to enduring products in the cloud. The Supporting domain is one of six product domains established to enable us to develop and support high quality and resilient digital products. The team is multifunctional with a strong collaborative and agile culture, and employing a test-driven and infrastructure-as-code ethos. The Supporting domain owns and develops some of our core supporting products, such as document management and archiving, and our finance system.
Stabilise eFinancials with eFinancials 5.5 upgrade in production use
Development of new Invoicing Service to support multiple registers
- Continued development and support of Supporting products in line with the product and architecture roadmaps
- Demonstrate excellent, sustainable and collaborative software development practice that's focused on delivering highly readable, maintainable and appropriate artefacts.
- Actively participating in all team events, leading where specialist knowledge in required, and supporting the team to improve their process through inspection and adaptation.
- Engage with the wider RoS communities of practice and interest to share knowledge, technique and experience.
- Ensure high quality of developed solutions through development and maintenance of unit tests - with appropriate code coverage - and code analysis using code quality tools.
- Ensure that developed software complies with non-functional requirements, such as accessibility, security, UI/UX, performance, maintainability, deployability, etc
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms, from the AWS-based modern stack to the multiple strands of ETL and database (legacy and otherwise) that underpins the service.
- Routinely use collaborative development practices such as pairing and mobbing techniques in programming, code reviews, system design and requirements analysis/refinement, etc.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members, as appropriate.
Some of these services may need to be provided outside of RoS' core business hours (07:30-17:30) in order to ensure continuity of service. The successful supplier is expected plan and manage their working hours accordingly.
- Development of AWS Lambda services
- Delivering high quality software collaboratively in high-performing, cross-functional development teams.
- Designing, gaining consensus, and implementing technical solutions for software development projects
- Developing within Digital First or GDS quality standards
- Developing solutions using human-centred, research-driven, inclusive design practices
- Designing and implementing solutions using service and event-based architectures
- Using testing tools for unit testing, including system test automation frameworks
- Cloud monitoring, telemetry, intelligence tools and processes, including Grafana
- Incrementally replacing enterprise legacy systems
- Working in Agile delivery models
- Defining infrastructure as code
- Using UI pattern libraries to achieve consistent, tested and high-quality interfaces
- Code quality, monitoring, telemetry and analytics tools
- AWS S3, Cloud Formation, Aurora/Postgres, API Gateway
- AWS CDK and/or Cloud Formation infrastructure as code
- Java and/or Python
- Node JS
- Scripting languages, especially Bash
- Oracle databases