Very generous salary and benefits package
Our client is a in a highly reputable travel company are seeking a talented Software Engineer to join their growing team in Oxford. You will take responsibility for the quality of the code produced by you as well as for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance. You will work closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for customer's whist also working alongside other engineering groups located around the world. You must be hands on - from the UI, through backend microservices and down to the database.
The company is a fun and friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done. Their engineers are part of the full process from design, to code, to test, to deployment and back again for further iteration.
- Solid experience of commercial software development with Java, React
- Good experience of web front-end technologies (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Familiarity with Linux.
- Ability to design and query relational databases.
- Strong analytical skills and desire to write clean, correct and efficient code.
- High quality verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
- Sense of ownership, urgency and pride in your work.
What you'll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following;
- Annual bonus
- Excellent contributory pension
- Full family private medical cover
- Full dental cover
- Annual wellbeing allowance (e.g. gym membership)
- Personal travel reimbursement
- Critical illness plus full life cover
- Employee assistance program
****Please send me your CV and I will call you in the strictest confidence to discuss the role and client.