Any Questions, please call Zoe on 01173320836
Support and further enhancement and development of ONS in-house applications, utilising the Java and Oracle technical stack. In particular, this post will be working on a project to replace the statistical processing currently carried out by SAS in the CORD application with new functions developed in R.
- Service-oriented architectures and micro-services. Experience working in Kubernetes is ideal but not essential
- Event-driven architecture
- Experience must be in Python and/or Java languages
- Infrastructure as code - defining, managing & monitoring cloud infrastructure
- Dev/ops experience is essential
- Evidence of good communication skills, in person and in writing, and a willingness to share their skills and experience with the in-house support team.
- The creation and management of continuous integration, delivery and deployment pipelines, and proposing improvements to existing pipelines
- Multiple test techniques, informing test approaches, ensuring consideration of non-functional requirements such as performance, security and accessibility
- Circumventing the need for operational tasks and liaising with other teams to improve operational efficiency
- Experience with one or more of the following tools/technologies: Eclipse IDE, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar, Spring, Struts, WebLogic, Git, Jira, Confluence.